October 16, 2008

Show and Tell Day

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

I thought I’d share a few crochet afghan projects that I’ve completed in the last few months. I prefer crochet patterns that are simple to do and don’t require a lot of counting as I like to crochet while being able to hold a conversation and watch TV.



I made this afghan quite large thinking I’d give it to one of my sons (both are close to 6’3”). The stitch is one I modified from a crochet pattern for one of the first baby blankets I did many years ago.




Since it is a fairly close stitch, the afghan is very warm and heavy. It was a chore to finish this project as it grew, but it sure warmed my lap in the cooler weather.


Here's a closeup of the stitch

(click for better view)
I use this stitch quite often for various items - afghans, baby blankets, scarves - even dishcloths and place mats. Since it is a slightly raised stitch, it gives just the right texture for a wash cloth or dishcloth for that extra little exfoliation or scrubbing.


Ohio State Buckeye colors


And another that looks
more like the 49ers








I'll have to dig out some of my old dishcloths and hot pads to take pictures after they've been through repeated machine washings. They really do hold up well.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors of the first afghan! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete