December 18, 2008

Christmas Gifts

I don't really have anyone to buy Christmas for, and of course money is extremely tight for me too, but I do have yarn as well as time on my hands.

A dear online friend that is very special to me is going through tough times and will have little under the tree at Christmas, not unlike a lot of people today.

It's not much, but I wanted to do a little something for them, so I made scarves for my friend, her husband, and their two young girls, as well as little ponchos with matching purses for the girls' dolls. I have no doll on hand to try them out on, so I sure hope they fit!

(photos are clickable for better viewing)



The scarves are patterns of my own that I've been using forever:

The red scarf is from my pattern here.

The aqua scarf is the same stitch as I used for my dishcloth pattern here.

The sage and light pink scarves are the same stitch as the dishcloth pattern, but NOT worked in BLO. It's my favorite simple stitch and I used it for the rectangles to make the ponchos as well, borrowing the dimensions found here.



The little purses, well, I just 'winged it' with sc stitches and added a little round button.

Time to get them boxed up and in the mail!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your blog looks great. I hope you have a great weekend and Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodie, another crochet blog! I just popped over from a link on crafty gardener. What a great idea to make little ponchos and purses. I know that my own little girl would love something like that for her dolls.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to stop in and say Merry Christmas! Your gifts all look wonderful.

    God bless,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dear online friend that is very special to me is going through tough times and will have little under the tree at Christmas, not unlike a lot of people today. photo gifts

    ReplyDelete