January 19, 2010

WIP Wednesday - Grannies for Goals

Another week gone by and it's time for another WIP Wednesday. Can't wait to see what everyone is working on!

To play along, make your blog post for Wednesday be about something you're working on - some type of craft, renovation project, landscaping, even that novel you're writing. Copy the code below Rosie's picture and paste it into your blog post so that others can follow too, and see the rest of the projects that are posted here.







Make sure to click 'You are next' below to add your name so others can follow it to your blog post.

I've been working pretty steadily on the Grannies for Goals blanket that I started a short time ago. I'm still losing weight, down 34.5 lbs now, so I've got lots of squares done to mark my progress.



I'm no good at granny squares and even worse at joining, but my pal at Hooking Stitches shared a series of videos on how to do a Flat Braid Join and I'm hooked! I think it lays much flatter and presents a nicer appearance as a whole. Now I've got squares all over the place and have two similar projects started that I'll share on future WIP Wednesdays. (See what you started, Melody?).

Thanks for stopping by to see my WIP Wednesday. Now it's your turn - click 'you are next' and let's see what you've got going on!

4 comments:

  1. Your goal square blanket is looking SPECTACULAR!! I just know you're going to use that flat-braid join over and over and over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Your squares look beautiful, and I love your colors too! I am not familiar with the "flat braid" method, but I will have to check that out! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Everyone's work is so lovely. I hope I get there some day. Thank you again for the wonderful crochet help and lovely posts on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Link #4 was entered incorrectly. It should be:

    http://thekansashooker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete