February 24, 2010

Crochetville Charity Blitz - Not a Great Finish


I was hoping this week's WIP Wednesday would soon be followed by a completed project for the Charity Blitz, but it wasn't meant to be.

As posted previously, some Crochetville members set aside a 6-day period each month to crochet projects for their favorite charity, calling it a Charity Blitz.

I pulled out some projects I had started earlier in hopes of getting something finished. I was crocheting right along on a scrap granny square afghan to donate to my local VA and was pleased with my progress - until I noticed that things started to look uneven.

When I attached the last 10 or so squares, I forgot to do the single crochet border first!

Since I had to rip all that out I decided to look at the colors again.

This is what I started with:



I really didn't like the bright red sticking out so vibrantly among the other colors, so I opted to take it all apart and start over. It was going to be nine squares wide so I picked nine colors and started each row one color over from the last one, so the colors will be in a row diagonally.





I think it looks much better, but even though I worked on it for hours, I wasn't able to make up for the time I lost.

Next month, for sure!


To play along on Work-in-Progress Wednesday, make your blog post for Wednesday be about something you're working on - some type of craft, renovation project, landscaping, even that novel you're writing. Copy the code below Rosie's picture and paste it into your blog post so that others can follow too, and see the rest of the projects that are posted here.







Make sure to click 'You are next' below to add your name so others can follow it to your blog post.

** Note ** Several of you are signing up at the bottom but you’re not putting the WIP Wednesday link on your own blog. If you don’t, your readers won’t be lead back here to see what others are doing and hear what WIP Wednesday is all about. It’s not hard, just copy the code beneath the photo above and paste it into your blog post. If you’re having trouble, please let me know and I’ll try to walk you through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment