April 7, 2011

Free Crochet Pattern Sites

Anyone who crochets loves to find free patterns.

The site that tops my list is Crochet Pattern Central.  There are literally thousands of patterns there sorted into various categories to make it easier to browse through.  Rachel updates the site twice a week and puts all new patterns into the proper category as well as a separate listing for new patterns only.  If you're not familiar with CPC, you're missing out.

If you crochet baby blankets and afghans, head on over to All Free Crochet Afghan Patterns.  Julia's site isn't as extensive as CPC, but in the time it's been 'live', Julia has searched for and amassed a large number of free afghan and baby blanket patterns for crocheters of all experience levels.

Other free pattern sites I like:

Lion Brand Yarn
Red Heart Yarn
All Free Crochet
FreePatterns.com

And of course there's the page right here on my blog that has several free patterns listed. If you have free patterns of your own to share, please leave a comment and I'll add it right away.

Do you have a favorite site for free crochet patterns?




I'm taking the A-Z Blogging Challenge, where I will post something from each letter of the alphabet on the corresponding day in April, except for Sunday, on at least one if not all four of my blogs. You can see my other blogs in the sidebar - More of Marie Anne.


5 comments:

  1. Hi! I have three patterns that you can add to your list!

    French Press Cozy:
    http://crocheteveryday.blogspot.com/2010/08/coffee-cozy-patterns.html

    Ladybug Beanie:
    http://crocheteveryday.blogspot.com/2010/04/ladybug-hat-pattern.html

    Bella Beanie (inspired by Twilight):
    http://crocheteveryday.blogspot.com/2010/06/pattern-bellas-beanie-twiilght.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE free patterns. Great stuff. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice roundup. I love Crochet Pattern Central as well. My only gripe is that I wish they would include thumbnail pictures in their lists of patterns in each category to make it easier to sift through what you do and don't want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She hasn't added anything new in ages, but I've tried a few of the patterns here: http://patternsbydot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete