February 11, 2014

More Doilies - Lavender, This Time

I think I've had my fill of granny squares for a while, so I'm back to working on doilies.  I had one of these light purple doilies already done and just needed to finish 2-3 rounds of the second one, and I finished that last night.  They measure approximately 10" across, so are perfect for placing a lamp on, without covering the whole top of an end table.

I still need to wash and starch them, so the photos below show them straight off the hook.  I almost prefer the little ruffled look on the ends, so maybe I'll starch and block one and do one without starch to see which way I like better.






I love this lavender color and picked up quite a bit of it at Joann's a couple of weeks ago, so you'll be seeing more doilies made with this color for sure.

The pattern is called Pink Pineapple and is actually written for a much larger doily, but I opted to only work through round 13 to get the 10" size.  I stopped it before doing the full pineapple, but I'm pleased with how they turned out.


~ Marie Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment