October 4, 2016

Quick 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies - Yea or Nay?

I had a real hankering the other day for something sweet, but had nothing in the house that would satisfy that urge.  I didn't really feel like baking anything, and my pantry was pretty bare anyway, so what to do?

I was browsing on Pinterest and came across these 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies ... hmm, I had cocoa powder, and I had peanut butter.  Could I pull this off?  A quick look at the list to see the other two ingredients and yep, I had sugar and an egg, so I could.  Because it was only four simple ingredients, it took no time to whip up a batch and get them in the oven.  Oh, and the recipe was enough for only one batch - I think I got about 16 cookies out of it -  so that meant even less time in the kitchen watching an oven.  Score!

About two minutes is all it took to get these
chocolate cookies ready to pop into the oven.

Were they worth making?  Yes and no.  I only had chunky peanut butter, and they probably would have been better without the chunks.  These chocolate cookies were soft and chewy, but without flour to balance the sugar, they were awfully sweet.  Because they contained mostly sugar, there was also a bit of a grainy texture to them, kinda like when you make fudge and don't cook it long enough, so I'm wondering if using powdered sugar would work better.  Might have to try them again just to test that out.  In the interest of science, or something like that.


Make sure to let the cookies 'rest' on the baking sheet
for a minute or two before removing to cooling rack

Were these chocolate peanut butter cookies something you'd make for a holiday get together?  Probably not.  But if you're frantic because a friend just dropped in for coffee and you need something quick to go with it, these will definitely do the trick.  Or if you just have a hankering for something sweet, like I did the other night.  Don't get me wrong, they were definitely good, but the big draw was the very few ingredients needed, and the short time span to go from bowl to mouth.

Oops!  Sorry, couldn't wait to try them.

My 'helpers' coming to investigate the goings on in the kitchen


Oh, I used my Grill Buddy BBQ Grill Mat to bake these cookies.  I don't know why everyone insists on advertising them for the grill; they're the best thing ever for cookie baking in the oven!    I got them free to review, but would be bragging them up even if I paid for them.  They're definitely worth not having to wash a cookie sheet (or scrub a grill, I suppose).

~ Marie Anne

4 comments:

  1. Yum. I might have to try these with the fake peanut butter so my son can try one.

    I have those grill mats. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't those mats great, Rissa? I admit to being lazy, and they save so much work and make baking a lot easier.

    Let me know what you think about the cookies. As I said, they're not the best cookies out there, but four ingredients and no time? Works for me!

    ReplyDelete

  3. I have pretty much sworn off chocolate lately (for migraines' sake), but those look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LA, I should swear off chocolate too, but ...

    ReplyDelete