February 12, 2019

Baby Washcloths, Hand Piecing, and Publishing Patterns - WIP Wednesday

It's been a busy week for me!  I've been digging out old crochet (and a few knit) patterns that I had previously published elsewhere, and working on getting them posted here on the blog again. I've made good progress, but still have more to go, and I've hit a snag in that there are a few that I can't find the written patterns for anywhere.  There's a chance I still have some of them in a folder somewhere, but who knows where that is as I have belongings scattered in several locations (I'm still displaced from Hurricane Florence almost 5 months ago).  Would have been nice if I'd had more notice from Craftsy and could have saved them before they shut it all down, but I'll work it out.

I also picked up knitting needles again and tried to work up a dishcloth pattern that I had written years ago, and that didn't work out too well.  I had written it from a charted pattern and no longer have the chart, and what I'd written definitely had some issues as it didn't look at all like what I expected.  Oops.

Baby washcloths
An online friend who is expecting another little one asked if I'd make some baby washcloths, so that's one of the things I'm working on this week.  I'm using my dishcloth patterns and just making them a little smaller.  I should be able to finish those up in the next couple of days, in between everything else I've got my hands into.

Block #4
 I'm still trying to keep up with the hand-pieced QAL (quilt along) with Elm Street Quilts and Simple. Handmade. Everyday. , and this week is block #4.  I suck at cutting accurately, and these small pieces has made it especially difficult.  My block #3 last week was so bad that I didn't even finish it, but I might revisit it later if I have enough fabric.  I just can't devote the time to it now when aggravation is the last thing I need more of.  This is supposed to be a relaxing, enjoyable craft!  I do enjoy hand piecing and I've still got two other projects of my own that I'm working on, but this QAL is proving to be more of a challenge due to my less-than-accurate cutting skills.

Blocks 1, 2, and 4 (block 3 didn't make the 'cut')

So ... I've got enough projects to keep me busy for a good while.  What have you been working on?  Link up below!  It'll be open until next Wednesday.

~ Marie Anne

To link up with WIP Wednesday, make a blog post about something that you're working on - any type of craft, DIY, renovation project, landscaping - even that novel you're writing.  Link your blog post by clicking on 'click here to enter' below.  Make sure to link back to me in your blog post too!  (Not blogging?  You can also link up with a Pinterest or Instagram post).

3 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks. Thanks for linking up to the Hand Pieced QAL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the baby washcloths so much! You should totally make these a regular thing in your shop if you're up to it. The ones they sell in the stores are so flimsy and I knew you're stuff was high quality. So glad I ordered them from you. Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha gotta love typos and auto-corrections. your, not you're ;)

    ReplyDelete