As posted earlier, I don't do well with anything that isn't a plain square or rectangle, so a challenge for me is a crochet project that includes the increasing, decreasing, and arms of a baby sweater.
The first day I was a winner all the way around, as I got the whole body of the baby sweater completed with little trouble. It was almost too easy, and I was ashamed to post that I was doing so well when the Olympics had only just started.
I spoke too soon.
I started in on the arms of the sweater and it looked like I had a few extra stitches somewhere. I counted again and again and up to that point all of my stitches were the exact count that each pattern row mentioned, so I couldn't figure out where the miscalculation could be. I tried both sleeves with the same results, and frogged and started over several times.
I put it away for the night and started in again fresh yesterday. I tried one more thing and it seemed to work out ok, so I finished the sleeve and prayed that I could duplicate the effort with the second sleeve.
Thankfully, it worked out and both sides of the sweater are identical (so even if I did something wrong, at least it looks the same)
The collar was the last hurdle and I sailed over that easily for a nice finish to my first Olympic Games.
Here's the original photo with Dot Matthews' pattern:
I think mine looks pretty close, so I'm happy with it.
I still feel badly that I completed my Crochet Olympics project so early in the Games, so I'm going to add a baby blanket to the mix. I'll probably post about that one on WIP Wednesday.