July 10, 2010

Too Hot to Crochet!


Even the most avid crocheters often find it too hot to work on a large crochet project during the heat of summer. If you fall into that category, there are many options to help you keep your cool while still enjoying your craft when the temperatures soar and you're melting in the heat.


Branch out and try new, smaller projects. Think Granny Squares. Crochet dishcloths (click link for an easy pattern) or washcloths. Give thread crochet a try if you're more comfortable with yarn.

Read More ...

Have more ideas for keeping your cool while crocheting during the summer? Please share them in your comments below!

3 comments:

  1. I've been feeling the heat here, for a good 5 days! I resorted to a nice cold foot bath, and my hands were still free to stitch, crochet, or read!! It definitely helped! The weather is finally cooling down today, so I hope it is where you are too! Have a great weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, soaking your feet while crocheting on a hot day sounds like a great idea! I'll have to remember that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been buying my little Knit-wit Emma the cotton yarn. Not so itchy as the other yarn. She'll love the foot bath!

    ReplyDelete