August 18, 2010

Another Granny Square Project

I have no idea why I thought today was still Tuesday, but here we are with a WIP Wednesday upon us again.  Sorry I'm late.

I started this afghan probably two years ago and put it up when I moved, and now don't feel like finishing it since I'm on the granny square kick.  It's hard to tell from the photo, but it's dark chocolate brown, turquoise and white.




Of course I couldn't throw it away, so I'm frogging a bit at a time and making squares and joining with the flat braid join method.




I really love the flat braid join method of joining squares, but for this project I modified it just a little.  I'll post about that another day.  And, you guessed it, this will probably be donated to a veteran at my local VA hospital when finished.



To play along on Work-in-Progress Wednesday, make your blog post for Wednesday be about something you're working on - some type of craft, renovation project, landscaping, even that novel you're writing. Copy the code below Rosie's picture and paste it into your blog post so that others can follow too, and see the rest of the projects that are posted here.







Make sure to click 'You are next' below to add your name so others can follow it to your blog post.

** Note ** Several of you are signing up at the bottom but you’re not putting the WIP Wednesday link on your own blog. If you don’t, your readers won’t be led back here to see what others are doing and hear what WIP Wednesday is all about. It’s not hard, just copy the code beneath the photo above and paste it into your blog post. If you’re having trouble, please let me know and I’ll try to walk you through it.

5 comments:

  1. Really lovely. My Nana used to crochet a lot of afghans, and we still have some of them. I have always felt very sentimental about them.

    Susan Hamlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Love those colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combination. Great charity too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute colors! I love the granny squares too. I have never heard of the flat braid method of crocheting though, I will definitely have to look into it!

    ReplyDelete