September 30, 2011

Matching Scarf That's Anything But Drab

It took me a few tries to get the combination of pattern rows to make this look right, but I think I pulled it off.  I started off with the puffier, raised stitches on the ends with the flat SC stitches in the middle, but it didn't look right.  I altered it to have the SC rows at the beginning and the end, with several rows of the SC/DC combo in the middle,and I think it turned out much better.

Here's the free pattern for the Anything But Drab Scarf to match the Anything But Drab Hat.


Closeup of the stitch in the scarf


Hat and scarf together

I think they turned out ok, and I think I'm going to make a set in a more neutral off-white next.

5 comments:

  1. Love this! You're welcome to guest blog on Craft Tuesday at Glory's garden anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look awesome together and I like to the color too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, Canal Fulton, OhioFebruary 24, 2012 at 11:21 AM

    Love, love, love ALL your patterns. Have made all for the needy. The results are just beautiful. I made the easy cable blanket, and it was finished so quickly, I made a full sized afghan for the new mom. Both were lovely and much appreciated by the recipient. Scarf patterns have also been utilized. KEEP THEM COMING!!! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete