January 31, 2014

Do you need help crocheting with thread?

© Marie Anne St. Jean
I've been crocheting for more than 30 years and had no trouble working with yarn, but each time I tried to crochet with thread and a small crochet hook, I always got frustrated and gave up.   Some of it was because my hands weren't used to the smaller tools of the trade, and part of it was because the patterns always seemed too complicated to figure out.

A month or so I decided to give it another try, determined to get past the mindset that I couldn't do it.  I made one simple doily, and while some patterns still seem a little too complicated for me, I've found several other patterns that I like and have completed a number of them.

If I can crochet with thread and a small crochet hook, anyone can.  Since it's still fairly fresh in my mind, I wrote up a few tips for crocheting with thread that might help you overcome your fear too.

I know you can do it.  Please come back and share with me how you did!

~ Marie Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment