November 17, 2014

Plug for EPP Supplier - Paper Pieces


Catalog and acrylic template
from Paper Pieces
©Marie Anne St. Jean
Some friends and I will be gathering again this Saturday to learn more about English Paper Piecing (EPP) and will be working on a Lucy Boston pattern - Patchwork of the Crosses (POTC).  (You can find a link to the POTC pattern book the end of this post).

Since I'm new to all this and need all the help I can get, I decided to shop for a 1" acrylic honeycomb hexagon template to trace and cut out my fabric.  If I use a paper template, I won't be able to see the fabric pattern through it which could skew my placement somewhat.  With this acrylic piece, I can place it over my fabric pattern and see exactly what will fit.

I had heard that Paper Pieces had what I needed for a reasonable price, so I completed my order before dawn on Saturday morning.  The site says that all orders are processed by hand and can take 5-10 days to ship here in the U.S., so I hoped that I hadn't ordered it too late.

It's now Monday - my package from Paper Pieces was in my mailbox today!  I can't believe they got it shipped out early Saturday and it arrived aready.  They also included a colorful catalog so that I can shop from my chair when I'm away from my computer (which might be a dangerous thing).

Located in Paducah, Kentucky, Paper Pieces also carries books, patterns and kits, packages of pre-cut paper pieces, and other notions and sewing/quilting supplies.  If you need EPP supplies, Paper Pieces is the place to go.

~ Marie Anne


1 comment:

  1. Hope you don't mind, needed to test something with regard to my signature and some changings with google.

    ReplyDelete