November 13, 2014

Great Sale Plus Price Match at JoAnn's

I heard that JoAnn's had Christmas and other holiday fabric on sale at 50% off, so off I went today to see what they had.  I got a 25% coupon in the mail the other day and it was good for regular and sale priced items, so I couldn't pass up the double savings.

I went through the remnant bin first and found three pieces between a 1/2 and 3/4 yard that were marked down to 50% off the listed price, so scored a deal there.  I spent way too much time looking at Christmas-y fabrics, but picked several that complemented each other and got a half yard of each to use for English Paper Piecing (EPP).  I still needed some brown to make a tree trunk for my EPP Christmas tree , and also grabbed some black and white prints, and a piece of autumn-like print that will also go well with the tree-trunk brown.

Thanks to a good deal at Joann's, I have a nice start on my fabric stash
©Marie Anne St. Jean


I wanted to buy a Fiskar's hexagon punch to make 1" hexies with cardstock, and joann.com had it on sale for $10.79.  I checked while I was at the store today and saw that they weren't on sale, and even with 25% off the $17.99 list price, it wasn't going to come near as cheap as the online price.  I asked the lady cutting my fabric if she could do a price check to see if it came up at the regular price, and she said if I had a smartphone and could bring up the online price, they would do a price match, and then I'd still get 25% off using my coupon ... win!  After the price match and coupon was applied, I ended up paying $8.10 for the extra large hexagon punch - less than half of the listed price.

I came home with 1/2 yard of 11 different fabrics plus the three remnants, so more than 7 yards of fabric for $21.82, an average of just over $3 per yard - quite a savings when you consider that some of the fabrics were originally $10.99 a yard.  Including the Fiskars hexie punch, I paid a total of $32.61 plus tax for everything you see pictured.

Make sure you sign up to get coupons and special offers from both joann.com and hobbylobby.com and take advantage of the great deals on all of your crafting supplies.  I'm still starting out with EPP, but if I watch for deals like this, I'll soon have a good stash of fabric built up.

~ Marie Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment