September 26, 2016

Rag quilts, table runners, knitting, and more!

I sure haven't been posting here on the blog, but that doesn't mean I haven't been keeping my hands busy with one project or another.  I've been posting my antics on Facebook, but then had a 'duh' moment ... why am I not posting it all on my blog too?

I heard about rag quilting a couple of weeks ago and found that it's a lot more forgiving than 'regular' patchwork quilting (which I'll never be able to master), so decided to give it a try.  I love it!  I've finished two baby/lap size quilts and a couple of table runners, and have plans to keep going with a lot more of them and will hopefully get them added to my Etsy shop soon.

Here are a couple of photos of what I've done so far -

My very first rag quilt! Some of the seams aren't perfectly lined
 up, but you can't tell from the front.  Rag quilts are very forgiving!


Made this table runner for my narrow sofa table.  The lighting
wasn't the best, but it's perfect for this space - I love it!


Another rag quilt table runner that I thought
would work for fall/Thanksgiving time of year.


My second baby/lap sized rag quilt.  The colors in this
one didn't come out quite as nice as I expected, but it'll do.


I also stumbled on a cute knit dishcloth pattern that works up fairly quickly, so dusted off my knitting needles and made one last night, and I'll be adding those to the list of things I want to put up for sale in my Etsy store too. MA needs money for the heating bill this winter!  (I'll be posting photos and the link to the knit dishcloth pattern in a separate post).

So .. what have the rest of you been up to?

~ Marie Anne



No comments:

Post a Comment