January 23, 2019

Block #1 for Hand Pieced Quilt Along - WIP Wednesday

The Hand Pieced Quilt Along has begun!  Monday, January 21 revealed the pattern for the first of nine blocks - 2" squares sewn into (4) 4 patches, ultimately resulting in a 16 patch block.

I had trouble choosing which fabrics to use because I didn't want to 'waste' any good fabric on something that would finish as just a small sampler piece.  I finally decided to use fabric from a layer cake that I purchased at Tuesday Morning some time back.  I didn't have any other project in mind for that fabric, so it seemed a logical choice to use for this QAL.


Notice the oddball gray colors on the left ... I suspect that's why these pre-cuts were on sale at Tuesday Morning.  (smiling).  They've been put aside for another project down the road.

Of the greens, blues, purples, and yellows in the remaining fabrics, there are more of some than others, so I'm not sure how this will play out in the end, but I'm going to embrace it and make it work.

Here's block #1 that I finished within a few hours of the pattern release.  I think it turned out ok, and am excited to see what next week's block will be, and how I can incorporate the other colors into the mix.




A big thank you to Patty at Elm Street Quilts and Kristin at Simple. Handmade. Everyday. for what I expect will be a fun journey!

Also linking up with Let's Bee Social on SewFreshQuilts.

~ Marie Anne

P.S.  I've also decided to resurrect my WIP Wednesday blog hop linkup, and you're invited to join me!  To play along, make your blog post for Wednesday be about something that you're working on - any type of craft, DIY, renovation project, landscaping - even that novel you're writing.  Copy the code from the box below and paste it into your blog post (or add it to the sidebar on your blog) so that others can follow too, and see the rest of the projects that are posted here.  After publishing your blog post, add the link to that post by clicking on 'click here ' below.







4 comments:

  1. Looks lovely M.A. 😊 Now I'm thinking Spring! 🌷

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely fabrics!
    pretty block too!

    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty block! The back looks as lovely as the front!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great block - thanks for joining the QAL link-up!

    ReplyDelete