February 22, 2020

Latest Project - Daisy in the Corner Granny Square

When you fall in love with a pattern you see shared on Facebook, you have to go buy the yarn to start it right away, no matter how many other projects you having going on, right?  That's a rule, right?  RIGHT?

The Daisy in the Corner pattern came across my feed and I was immediately hooked.  It's an easy pattern to follow, with a little bit of a spin on the traditional granny square.

I loved the way the designer made it with the two shades of two different colors, and wanted to somewhat replicate that, without being exactly those colors.  I had a tough time finding shades that would work, but finally settled on purples and oranges.  Not a combination I would ever have thought about previously, but I think it works ok. 


After looking at just these four squares, I think I might try joining them with all four daisies pointing towards the middle, instead of the same way at lower left.  I think that'll give it a completely different look, but will have to do the math and see if four blocks made into a larger block will work out for an appropriate length and width.  Look for that post soon.

I think this pattern is also a great way to use up scraps of yarn from your stash.  You could keep the center and daisy the same throughout, add bits of whatever colors you have for the portion around the daisy, then use a common color for the join.  It would end up being a very colorful, somewhat scrappy-with-a-pulled-together-look sorta afghan.  I think I'm going to save my scraps to do just that.

What's on your hook today?

~ Marie Anne


3 comments:

  1. Hi Marie Anne. I love the pattern of the Daisy in the corner. I have been making blueberries for a wreath I am putting together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds pretty. Feel free to post pics over at the group or page!

      Delete
  2. I wish I had a dime for every bad article I’ve read lately. I also wish other writers had your talent and style. Thank you. buying essays

    ReplyDelete